Sunday, November 18, 2007

With Cynthia in Ithaca, Cornell University


Our Trainee
Cynthia is a Trainee that went to Medellin (I am writing this for people who are not familiar either from AIESEC or our LC). that was involved in a Development Internship during their summertime.

Encounter

While I was in New York, I remembered Cynthia told us she was living nearby, as usually when someone from the States says they are from New York, it would not necessarily means that this person is from the City but instead could be anywhere in the state, as there is a New York City (NYC) and New York State (NYS). After getting in touch with Cynthia, realized it was not that far away from the city and she invited me to join her for a couple of days.

Where

The place where Cynthia currently lives is Ithaca, as she is studying in Cornell University. Cornell is within the most recognized Universities in the States and even in the World. This place is awesome... it has one of the most beautiful landscapes I have seen in the States.


It took me around 4 to 5 hours to arrive there and some people from the coach, even the driver gave me some directions on how to get there. Finally I saw Cynthia!, she organized some chilling during the night and also allowed me to go with her to some classes. I must admit that this University has a really good level and I greatly enjoyed being in those classes.


Party

During the Night, who was supposed to be halloween, we got some customs (I was supposed to be an Antioquian Campesino) and stayed in Cynthia's place with her friends eating some pizza and drinking wine. It was a great time, I did now know to-be masters and Phds students could speak such a weird subjects... I wont mention those here but we had the hell of a time, ending it in a PUB near the city center with a small beer... nevertheless they closed at 2am only!.

AIESEC Cornell

Next day poor Cynthia was very tired and she even arrived late at the University class (come on!, it was 8am!)... who's fault was it?. This day she invited me to eat some Beagles (I think I finally got it right!) and afterwards we went around the campus. During the afternoon she introduced me some friends... and surprise!, most of them were from AIESEC Cornell, which is an LC that exists in the University. We went to have dinner and spent some time together... even did some LC-LC Cooperation with them and now there are many many people who wants to come to Colombia and Brazil trough a Pbox called “Descubriendo America”. So... AIESEC Colombia, we have some potential exchanges and society impacts here!.

Good Byes

Cynthia was awesome and although during this 2 days she had to workout a lot, she even accompanied me to take the Coach to New York City at 1am... I believe if I had stayed longer she would have had a hearth attack out of all the exhaustion. My next destination was New York City, where I will be reprehended by my family for disappearing for 2 days without calling... bad habit.

I can say that what I liked most from my New York days was to visit Cynthia in Cornell, even more than the city itself. This is a wonderful place, full of Students and Young people, and although it was considerably cold when I was there, even though it was not even winter, its a really recommended place to visit.

Rest of the Photos!
Photo Album in Cornell (Facebook)

Finally, here I send you a video we took in Halloween during one of the classes.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home